Permanent position, work begins on August 1st 2022 or as agreed.
The vacancy is with obligation to play secondary instruments.
The audition is performed in two stages.
1. Pre-selection round during the application period based on videos uploaded in YouTube and a link sent with the application form by latest 27 February 2022 at 11:59 pm (Finnish time, UTC+2). Please, see the instructions for making a video through the link below. The results of the pre-selection round will be announced latest on 11 March 2022.
2. Audition on Monday 25 April 2022 at 11 am (Finnish summer time, UTC+3) at Tampere Hall. Invitations to the audition and a link to the orchestral material will be sent to approved applicants after the pre-selection round.
Applications only through this electronic form.
Required repertoire on the pre-selection video
- 1. Théo Charlier: Etude No. 2 (Du Style) from the collection 36 Études Transcendantes
With optional instrument
- 2. Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 5, Part I from beginning to the exercise number 8 and exercise numbers 13–14
- 3. Igor Stravinsky: Petruška (1947), Ballerina’s Dance and Waltz, one before exercise number 134 – up to exercise number 145
Invitation to the audition on 25 April 2022 and a link to the orchestral material will be sent to those selected from the pre-selection round latest on 11 March 2022.
Required audition repertoire on 25 April 2022
- Arthur Honegger: Intrada
- Orchestral excerpts, a list of which will be published on the orchestra’s website later this spring
The orchestra will provide a pianist to the audition.
Further information Aino Holma, Deputy General Manager (temp.), email@example.com, mobile +358 50 388 7144.
Please note the following
- Our auditions are open to all nationalities.
- Please do not send us a tape unless we ask for one. The candidates are invited personally to the audition by e-mail after the application time.
- Tampere Philharmonic Orchestra will not provide any compensation for travel or accommodation expenses.
- Tampere Philharmonic Orchestra will provide a pianist for the auditions.
- Our orchestra tunes to a1 = 442 Hz.
- Please look for more information about the orchestra and its season schedule on our website. Also a useful source of information is the website of Tampere Hall (where the orchestra rehearses and performs).
- Instructions for video auditions
For further information about all auditions
Deputy General Manager (temp.) Aino Holma
(from 1 Nov 2021 on)